Newbie RGB Mistake #142 Wiring Correctly

During the summer of 2013, I purchased eight 15watt RGB DMX flood lights for $30 each.  I spent a whole week building custom wooden housings to protect them from rain and snow.  When setup time came, I had trouble getting the floods to work at all.  I put the project on hold for 2014.  When 2014 came and went I found myself with other problems, namely all my sequencing had been lost. The RGB floods would have to wait again!

Tonight I spent about 2 hours and finally diagnosed the error, faulty wiring by the user.  Yes, I soldered the wrong wires on to the XLR cable and the DMX data could not be decoded.  *Sigh  Well, 2015 will be re-arranged now to add not only these 15w flood lights, but also a new series of flood lights that will wash the walls with colors in a different way 🙂  Live and learn, video coming soon hehe.

2013-08-16 14.11.29

2013-08-20 19.05.59

2013-08-20 21.57.33